Birdville Council of
PTA's will offer one or more $500 scholarships to eligible graduating seniors
from the four high schools in BISD (Birdville, Richland, Haltom and Shannon).
Scholarship applications are available in the counselor's office on their high school
To be eligible for
consideration and receive a scholarship you must meet the following
- Applicant must be a 2016 graduating BISD high school
- Applicant must have attended their BISD high school for
the entire senior year.
- Applicant must be a current student member of their
high school’s PTSA.
- Applicant must have a GPA of at least 2.75.
- Applicant must include one letter of recommendation
from a BISD High School Teacher.
- Applicant must write a short 300 to 500 word essay
based on the following question: (This essay must be attached to completed
application and should NOT include applicant name.)
“Understanding that the Purposes of PTA are as
promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place
raise the standards of the home life;
secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and
teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and
develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure
for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical,
mental, social, and spiritual education.
...How has the PTA and or PTSA influenced your
- The scholarship will be used for the purpose of study
at an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Applicant will not be considered for this award if
known to already be receiving a full scholarship.
- Each scholarship winner must provide the committee with
his/her social security number and the name and address of the university,
college, or vocational school at which he/she will be studying. If this
information is not provided by August 2016, the scholarship will be
awarded to the next applicant on the ranked list.
- Application must be turned in to the counselor’s office
by 12:00PM (noon) on Monday, March 21, 2016.