Keep Your Child at Home When:
- Child has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or
37.7 degrees Celsius or higher
- Child has diarrhea or vomiting
-Child has a rash of unknown origin
-Child has red, runny eyes or wakes up with eyes "glued"
-Child complains of ear pain with or without fever
Your Child May Return When:
- Fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol
or other fever reducer
-Child is free of diarrhea and vomiting for 24 hours
- You have consulted a health care professional*
* Upon returning to school the child must bring a signed release from the health care professional to the school nurse's office, or report to the nurse free of symptoms.
You know your children best, if they don't seem well, they probably aren't. Keep them home and consult a health care professional if necessary.